20 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA
Compiled by Anonymous
Did you know....
- 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies:
Diebold and ES&S.
- There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or oversight of
the U.S. voting machine industry.
- The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are
- The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer
and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio
deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."
- Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman of ES&S. He
became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.
- Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected with the Bush family,
was recently caught lying about his ownership of ES&S by the Senate
- Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's
- ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in the U.S. and
counts almost 60% of all U.S. votes.
- Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of
any votes. In other words, there is no way to verify that the data
coming out of the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by
- Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and ticket machines,
all of which log each transaction and can generate a paper trail.
- Diebold is based in Ohio.
- Diebold employed 5 convicted felons as senior managers and
developers to help write the central compiler computer code that counted
50% of the votes in 30 states.
- Jeff Dean, Diebold's Senior Vice-President and senior programmer on
Diebold's central compiler code, was convicted of 23 counts of felony
theft in the first degree.
- Diebold Senior Vice-President Jeff Dean was convicted of planting
back doors in his software and using a "high degree of sophistication"
to evade detection over a period of 2 years.
- None of the international election observers were allowed in the
polls in Ohio.
- California banned the use of Diebold machines because the security
was so bad. Despite Diebold's claims that the audit logs could not be
hacked, a chimpanzee was able to do it!
- 30% of all U.S. votes are carried out on unverifiable touch screen
voting machines with no paper trail.
- Allnot somebut all the voting machine errors detected and
reported in Florida went in favor of Bush or Republican candidates.
- The governor of the state of Florida, Jeb Bush, is the President's
- Serious voting anomalies in Floridaagain always favoring Bushhave been
mathematically demonstrated and experts are recommending further investigation.